Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Imagination and Einstein


One of the things I love about kids is their unbridled imagination. Their ability to take the most mundane thing, make magic and then look at you like your the fool when you don't see it.

One of my idols is Albert Einstein, now there's a man with a fantastic imagination. I hope that my imagination doesn't fade with age, I do things like pick up a paperclip and see how many uses I can find for it, or a cold bowl of spaghetti.

I have found a number of Einstein quotes about imagination and thought I would share them with you.

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions."

"To know is nothing at all; to imagine is everything."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution."

I love the fact that someone who the world considers to be one of the smartest men ever, was more focused on the imagination than knowledge. It doesn't matter how smart you are, what matters is what you do with what God has given you.

We all have imagination, how can we use it to make the world a better place?

Blessings

Em

2 comments:

will smama said...

Thanks for the reminder! I was warned early on in ministry to keep my creativity and imagination active or else I woudl burn out.

Great quotes!

Theresa Coleman said...

Been thinking about you -- praying for you and your church.
(o)