I am currently thinking of writing a book titled "What Catholics assume and Proddy's don't get." based on the steep learning curve this proddy has had over the past 4 months working in a Catholic library.
The Chapter headings would go along the lines of:
- Fathers, Priests, Brothers, Bishops - How do you know, how do they know?
- What's with Mary?
- What's the List?
- The Pope - there's a whole chapter
- Coloured Table Cloths? Huh
- Bells and smells - is it just to cover the fart as he walks up the isle or is there more to it?
- What's a nunny nun?
- Why is a nun a sister but a Priest is a Father?
- Dominicans, Franciscan's, Jesuits, - whats the difference, how do they choose?
- Guilt - yet another complete chapter unto itself
I figure I could also do a follow up what "Proddys assume and Catholics don't get". With the first chapter being:
- Baptism - if it's so important to get the head under the water, why not just sprinkle.
I just love this quest of discovery, so different and yet the same.