Friday, October 06, 2006

School holidays

We are in the middle of school holidays at the moment, so life is very busy.
It started last Friday with Black Stump (this will need it's own entry) which lasted until Monday afternoon.
Tuesday was recovering from Black Stump, Wednesday was work, Thursday was housework and a very Martha Stewart day. I made play dough twice, made a lemon meringue pie and cookies and then today (Friday) we went to the beach.

Nothing says holidays like fish and chips at the beach. The beach is about 1/2 hour from our house and the boys were pumped. They could choose anything they wanted for today's activities, and the beach was the unanimous choice. So we spent the afternoon, playing and splashing, throwing balls and frisbee's, looking at rock pools and generally having a great time.

We are already half way through the holidays, and I love that it feels like they have only just started. The reason I'm glad the first week has flown is because my boys, aged 4 and 7 are embracing their respective ages very well.

The week before holidays started we were hearing phrases such as, "Muuuummmmmm, he touched me." while they were sharing a bath. Or "Stop looking at me", when one child just happened to glance in the general direction of the other child.
I am just waiting for "Muuuummmmm he's breathing my air!", I know it will happen, I don't know when, I don't know why, but I know it will happen.

As you can imagine I was dreading the holidays, 2 weeks of " Muuummmmmmm, he's ........." is enough to drive anyone to chocolate. But so far so good. We have another week and then my parents have the boys for their school holiday week end.

Hopefully I will blog tomorrow about BlackStump. If you are curious about how it took me 4 days to eat a steak, click on the link and see. It actually has nothing to do with steak and a way too much to do with sausages.

Blessings

Em

No comments: