Sunday, March 19, 2006

Strange Sunday Mornings

Being on leave I didn't go to church this morning, instead I was in bed at 9:30 am (time church starts), out of principle. I had to climb back into bed so I was there at 9:30 but it was the principle of the thing.

Having a Sunday where I didn't go to church has completely thrown me off. I keep thinking it's Saturday night and then realise I'm a day behind.

It's on these rare occasions of relaxing Sunday mornings that I sit around and think so this is what heathen feels like. mmmmm Sunday morning sleep in, coffee and paper, still in pj's at 10am.

I feel God is calling me to fringe ministries where the church meets anytime other than Sunday morning.

Blessings Em

3 comments:

will smama said...

I LOVE the principle of the thing... you got BACK in bed. Sweet!

Pink Shoes said...

Well done, well done. I was on leave a week ago and similarly did not go to church.... instead I sat in the hotel lobby with a very big cup of coffee, a decadent pastry and the newspaper. I might be being called to being a heathen... ! :)

Revem said...

And well done to you Pink shoes.

There is something soo completely decadent about not being in church on a Sunday morning. I have other minister friends who go to other churches when they are on holidays. I don't get it.

I love the feeling I get once every 6 months by not being in church LOL