Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A very late Friday Five

Normally I don't do Friday Fives but I couldn't resist this one even if it is a couple of days late.

Last Friday the RevGalBlogPal Webring celebrated it's 1st Anniversary Yay so the Friday Five is in relation to the GevGalBogPal webring I am a member of

And now the Five:

1) What is your first memory of the RevGalBlogPals?

My first connection to a RevGal was St Casserole on April 1 2005 when she played a April fools announcing she had been informed she had to change the name of her blog and asking for suggestions. I remember feeling a kindred spirit then in my quest for a community for Female ministers.

2) Have you met any of the other ring members in real life?

Being that I am the Australian contingent of Rev Gals ( I am yet to find anyone else in Oz if you are here let me know) I haven't met anyone else. I feel closer to people on the other side of the world than I do to many close by, so one day will endeavor to travel over to meet some of you.

3) Of those you haven't met, name a few you would love to know in person.

All those who provide me with a amazing amount of understanding and support. Those who read and comment on my blog and those who's blogs I also enjoy.

4) What has Ring Membership added to your life?

It has added a level of understanding for the relatively unique circumstances I am in.
Being that female Baptist ministers are still relatively new in NSW it's great to have others who I can share experiences with and have a response which is more than bewilderment. The I sound female story is a good example of this. I value the richness and diversity in the Ring and the amazing amount of wisdom.

5) Describe a hope for the future of the WebRing.

My hope is that it continues to be the well spring of support and laughter that it already is, that it is able to provide a collective voice on issues of importance and continue to publish material. I think a retreat or conference would be great and would try my hardest to come to whatever country it was held in. On the other hand if you all want to come to Australia I know of a great retreat called Noonaweena we could use.

This webring has provided me with more than I could have ever imagined when I first joined about 6 months ago. In my quest to find an online community I have found a haven with many people I now call friend. Thank you

Blessings

Em

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the idea of a conference in Australia, but failing that, I hope we can find a way to get you to whatever gathering we scheme up here!