Being that many of you aren't Australian I thought I would give you a glimpse of the unofficial Citizenship form incase you need it later on.
Thanks for the email Fred
Australian Government Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs Application for Grant of Australian Citizenship
You must answer 75% (28 or more out of 37) of these questions correctly in order to qualify for Australian Citizenship
1. How many slabs can you fit in the back of a Falcon Ute while also allowing room for your
cattle dog? Not having ever owned a cattle dog or a ute I am unable to answer this question
2. When packing an Esky do you put the ice, or the beer, in first? My understanding is that you alternate Ice, beer, then Ice on top to ensure crisp ice cold beer
3. Is the traditional Aussie Christmas dinner:
a) At least two roasted meats with roast vegetables, followed by a pudding you could use as a cannonball. Also ham. In 40C heat.
b) A seafood buffet followed by a barbie, with rather a lot of booze. And ham. In 40C heat.
c) Both of the above, one at lunchtime and one at dinnertime. Weather continues fine. C definitely
4. How many beers in a slab? 24
5. You call that a knife, this is a knife. True or False? True
6. Does "yeah-nah" mean
a) "Yes and no"
c) "Yes I understand but No I don't agree"? C, I use this phase all the time
7. The phrases "strewth" and "flamin' dingo" can be attributed to which TV character?
a) Toadie from Neighbours
b) Alf from Home & Away Alf
c) Agro from Agro's Cartoon Connection
d) Sgt. Tom Croydon from Blue Heelers?
8. When cooking a barbecue do you turn the sausages
a) Once or twice
b) As often as necessary to cook
c) After each stubby
d) Until charcoal? Charcoal
9. Name three of the Daddo brothers. Andrew, Cameron, Lochie
10. Who was the original lead singer of AC/DC? I should know this can't remember, WM will be very disappointed
11. Which option describes your ideal summer afternoon:
a) Drinking beer at a mate's place
b) Drinking beer at the beach
c) Drinking beer watching the cricket/footy
d) Drinking beer at a mate's place while watching the cricket before going to the beach? definitely D
12. Would you eat pineapple on pizza? Would you eat egg on a pizza? Yes on both accounts , LB loves banana pizza
13. How many cans of beer did David Boon consume on a plane trip from Australia to England? I don't know but my little brother was aiming to beat it when he left for England in June much to my mum's dismay, I think it's around 42
14. How many stubbies is it from Brissy to the Gold Coast in a Torana traveling at 120km/h? Again it's beer I don't know
15. Who are Scott and Charlene? Neighbours most famous couple otherwise known as Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan. I remember watching it and singing the Angry Anderson song, Suddenly for weeks after it
16. How do you apply your tomato sauce to a pie?
a) Squirt and spread with finger
b) Sauce injection straight into the middle? Injection straight in
17. If the police raided your home would you:
a) Allow them to rummage through your personal items
b) Phone up the nearest talkback radio shock jock and complain This is the correct answer although I wouldn't
c) Put a written complaint in to John Howard and hope that he answers it personally?
18. Which Australian Prime Minister held the world record for drinking a yardie full of beer
the fastest? My guess is Bob Hawke or Gough Whitlam
19. Have you ever had/do you have a mullet? Yes in year 5. Forgive me father for I have sinned
20. Thongs are:
a) Skimpy underwear
b) Casual footwear Footwear
c) They're called jandals, bro?
21. On which Ashes tour did Warney's hair look the best?
d) 2005 When was his hair the focus
22. What is someone more likely to die of:
a) Red Back Spider
b) Great White Shark
c) Victorian Police Officer
d) King Brown Snake
e) Your missus after a big night
f) Dropbear? definitely a dropbear, they are vicious
23. How many times must a steak be turned on a conventional four-burner barbie? 4
24. Can you sing along to Cold Chisel's Khe Sanh? absolutely Chisel, Chisel, Chisel
25. Explain both the "follow-on" and "LBW" rules in cricket and discuss the pros and cons for
the third umpire decisions in the latter.... Follow on - if you haven't made enough runs to look like a real cricket team you get sent back in to try again, before being annihilated by the opposition. LBW - Leg Before Wicket a way of getting out
26. Name at least 5 items that must be taken to a BBQ. Stubbies, Salad, Steak, Sausage, Sauce 27. Who is current Australian test cricket captain:
a) Ricky Ponting Ricky
b) Don Bradman
c) John Howard
d) Makybe Diva?
28. Is it best to take a sick day on:
a) When the cricket's on
b) When the cricket's on
c) When the cricket's on? Yeah this one
29. What animal is on the Bundaberg Rum bottle? Bear
30. What is the difference between a pot and a middy of beer? How many it takes to get plastered
31. What are Budgie smugglers? men's swimmers
32. What brand and size of Esky will you be purchasing? Esky as big as possible
33. Did you cry when Molly died on a Country Practice? Of course
34. A "Hoppoate" is:
a) A breed of kangaroo
b) A kind of Australian "wedgie" A very bad kind of wedgie
c) A disgraced Rugby League player?
35. What does having a 'chunder' mean? to throw up
36. When you were young did you prefer the Hills Hoist over any swing set? Hills Hoist or clothes line for everyone else
37. What does the terminology 'True Blue' mean? A Fair dinkum oka who is flat out like a lizard drinkin, maaaate. Does that make it clearer? Or it could be something that's very Australian
For Office use only.
. Can have another crack at it