Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Real-Life Vicar of Dibley

As many of you would know, one of my idols/mentors is the Vicar of Dibley.

When ever I am feeling particularly down, trodden on, out of place or just peed off I will sit down to an afternoon of Dibley and then I'm back on track again. I haven't watched in a while, I guess that's a good thing.

Anyway a friend of mine has lent me the book Beneath the Cassock: the Real-Life vicar of Dibley by Joy Carroll and I have read it from cover to cover in about 3 days. It's a great read. It is an autobiography by the woman that the Vicar was based on, I guess some of you may know her or know of her.

It was as if I was reading about my own life in a number of ways, as here in NSW we are still in the early days of the women ministers journey.

I would like to send a big thanks out into the cyber world to Ms Carroll for normalizing a lot of what I am experiencing and helping along the journey.

Blessings

Emma

1 comment:

see-through faith said...

:)

good post and good recommendation. I'd like to read it sometime too.